II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C333-2017 with Imaging Office Systems, Inc. for annual maintenance of the Digital Reader Printer in an amount of $695.00—Clerk of the Court.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding a proposed Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit for Shawnee Hills MH Community Wastewater Treatment Facility.
3. Acknowledge receipt of report from the Ambulance Compliance Officer certifying that American Medical Response is in compliance with the response parameters and requirements for August 2017 but will be fined $730.00 for long responses in four different zones—Emergency Management.
4. Consider approval of the insurance proposal binder for the Underground Storage Tank Liability Insurance coverage for underground storage tanks located at the Courthouse, Dept. of Corrections, Election Office and two at the Expocentre, with a premium of $717.00 for one year—County Clerk.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the Parks + Recreation Advisory Advocacy Board meeting minutes of August 22nd.
6. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-54 authorizing the County Treasurer to cancel 2014 checks in a total amount of $23,240.76—Commissioner Archer.
7. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C334-2017, amendment to Contract C369-2015 with Lighthouse Services, Inc., to serve as the third party communications system for the County’s Ethics Hotline at a cost of $1,130.00 with funding from the Audit Finance 2017 budget—Administrative Services.
8. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $2,408.14—District Attorney.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C335-2017 with SER Jobs for Progress National, Inc. to obtain a trainee at the community centers with the goal to improve job skills and provide work experience.
C. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of emergency purchase request for a Solid Waste truck engine repair in an amount of $10,387.37.
2. Consider awarding the bid for seven rear-load refuse trucks to Elliot Equipment for International Brand trucks in an amount of $793,382.00, including extended warranty and trade-in allowance and approval to purchase an additional truck from Elliot Equipment at the unit bid price of $170,766.00 making the total award $964,148.00.
D. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding his intent to purchase 84 16- GB RAM sticks for the mobile data terminals in the patrol cars at a total cost of $9,744.00 with funding from the 2017 budget.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding his intent to purchase a new covert transmitting/receiving device for the narcotics unit at a cost of $5,720.00 with funding from the 2017 budget.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions