1. Introduction and discussion with Jason Lamprecht regarding the Silver Lake Township Treasurer position.
2. Recognition of Darrell Stewart, Parks + Recreation Community Outreach employee, on his recent Character Recognition Award—Parks + Recreation.
II. Unfinished Business
1. Consider approval of request to award fire alarm systems testing and repairs to Heartland Alarms for one year with possible annual extensions up to three additional years for various County facilities with funding from Facilities Maintenance, Elections, Health Dept. and Parks + Recreation and authorization and execution of Contract C320-2017 for same—Facilities Maintenance.
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding a proposed Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit for Camp Bettis Wastewater Treatment Facility.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C321-2017 with UMB Bank, removing Gerald Simecka as an authorized check signer on the Sheriff’s Special Account and adds Scott Askew as an authorized check signer—Audit-Finance.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding the renewal of an annual maintenance agreement (Contract C322-2017) with Criticall Pre-Employment Testing Software at a cost of $1,049 with funding from the 2017 budget—Sheriff’s Office.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the October 9th Planning Commission Agenda and minutes of the August 14th and August 28th meetings—Planning.
5. Consider approval of application for Emergency Management Performance Grant funds that provides the salary/benefits to employ the Training & Exercise Coordinator, Homeland Security Risk Assessor and Operations Assistant positions—Emergency Management.
6. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $2,482.25—District Attorney.
7. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C323-2017 with Presstek for annual maintenance for two folder sealers in an amount of $2,081.66 with funding from the 2017 IT budget—Information Technology.
8. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C324-2017 with IDERA for annual maintenance and rights to use five licenses of Idera SQL Diagnostic Manager software—Information Technology.
9. Consider Resolution No. 2017-53 ratifying current appointments to the Shawnee County Fire District No. 3 Board of Trustees—County Counselor.
10. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of Commission Meeting Minutes of September 7, 11, 14, 18, 21, 25, and 28, 2017—County Clerk.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C325-2017 with Mood Media to install an overhead paging system for the J.P. Lewis Building at a one-time cost of $6,789.00.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to begin negotiating an agreement according to the recommended order of preference from the Professional Services Selection Committee for Gage Park Master Planning Services with funding from multiple sources to be identified in future project budgets.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C326-2017 with TARC setting out the conditions for the 2017 through 2021 Winter Wonderland Event with a donation from TARC of a minimum of $16,000 annually.
D. PUBLIC WORKS – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of a project budget in an amount of $8,622,774.00 for an improvement and widening of SE 29th Street from the east end of the Kansas Turnpike Authority overpass budget to a point 600 feet west of SE Croco Road; approval of an add alternate project budget in an amount of $887,976.00 to construct a 12’ pedestrian/bike trail to be constructed as part of the SE 29th Street road widening project; and authorization to negotiate an amendment to Contract C262-2016 with Finney and Turnipseed Transportation and Civil Engineering LLC to provide final design services for this project.
E. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider approval of request to submit an RFP for pricing of trade services including electrical, mechanical, plumbing, minor construction/carpentry, painting and drywall, and trenching.
F. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C328-2017 with Swank Motion Pictures, Inc. authorizing the Dept. of Corrections to show video presentations to inmates and juveniles at a cost of $2,040.91 with funding from the offender commissary account.
G. APPRAISER – Steve Bauman
1. Acknowledge receipt of the 2016 Real Estate Appraisal/Sales Ratio Study from the Kansas Division of Property Valuation indicating that the County Appraiser has met the statistical performance standards established for both the commercial/industrial and residential classes of property and receipt of correspondence from the Kansas Division of Property Valuation that the County Appraiser’s office has achieved substantial compliance after a statistical and procedural compliance review.
H. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Consider approval of sales agreements (Contracts C329-2017 through C330-2017) with Myers Brothers for purchase of a tire balancing machine, tire changing machine and related accessories at a cost of $21,493.17.
I. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of request to offer a candidate the position of Deputy Financial Administrator at Step 11 resulting in compensation of $96,096.24, including benefits.
J. HUMAN RESOURCES – Angela Lewis
1. Consider appointment of the Director of the Health Dept. with salary to be determined and resolution to follow.
1. Consider appointment of the Silver Lake Township Treasurer.
2. Consider appointment of the Auburn Township Clerk.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions