II. Unfinished Business
1. Consider Home Rule Resolution HR-2017-3 adopting the Shawnee County Title VI Plan to ensure compliance with federal laws prohibiting unlawful discrimination (second reading)—Commissioner Archer.
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $5,289.15—District Attorney.
2. Consider acceptance of the Treasurer’s August 2017 bank reconciliation report.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider approval of request to change coverage on the Solid Waste trash trucks from the third party liability and the County self insurance to full coverage through Travelers Insurance Company.
B. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge that Sheriff Jones has entered into a Contract (C313-2017) with Axon for replacement of 109 Taser CEWs with new Taser CEWs, holsters, unlimited batteries, unlimited cartridges and three training cartridges per year per unit at a cost of $202,154.13 over five years with funding from the 2017 budget and subsequent payments from the 2018, 2019, 2020 and 2021 budgets.
2. Acknowledge that Sheriff Jones has entered into a Contract (C314-2017) with Voice Products Service, LLC for covert cameras and audio recording in the detective interview rooms at a cost of $3,768.00 for one year.
C. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to pay the invoice for the Dept. of Corrections portion of the New World Standard Software Maintenance Agreement in an amount of $32,194.00 with funding from the FY2017 detention budget.
2. Consider approval of request for of a letter of support of the Edward Byrne Justice Assistance Grant application by the National Association for Mental Illness (NAMI), Kansas Chapter, for a Certified Peer Specialist Program to cover five Kansas Counties, including Shawnee County.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
1. Interviews for an open County position.