II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from the Sheriff’s Office regarding renewal of a contract for annual maintenance with Porter Lee Corporation for BEAST inventory control software (Contract C308-2017) at a cost of $1,342.00, effective October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018, with funding from the 2018 budget.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C309-2017 with the Kansas Expocentre for use of Ag Hall for the Community Thanksgiving Dinner.
3. Consider approval and signing of the insurance proposal binder for the underground storage tank liability insurance coverage, prepared by Willis of Greater Kansas, Inc.—County Clerk.
4. Reflect that Commissioner Archer, as Chair, signed a letter of support for the application being submitted by Valeo Behavioral Health Care for the FY 2018 Federal Edward Byre Memorial Justice Assistance Grant to assist with the continuation of the Topeka Municipal Court Alternative Sentencing Court.
5. Acknowledge receipt of the Public Notice that the Ambulance Advisory Board will hold a special meeting via conference call on September 25, 2017 at 4:00 p.m. regarding tuition assistance that AMR will provide annually for Shawnee County first responders—Emergency Management.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C310-2017 with Gardner Roofing, Inc. for the replacement of roofs on the Lingo Livery and Blacksmith Shop buildings at Old Prairie Town at a cost of $16,720.00 with funding from the Parks + Recreation Building Maintenance Fund.
2. Consider recommendation from the Professional Services Selection Committee to contract with Professional Engineering Consultants and Falk Architects for on-call architect and engineering services with funding to be identified in future project budgets.
C. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to waive Purchasing Resolution requirements and allow negotiation and sole source purchase with Clearspan Fabric Structures International, Inc. for a fabric truss roofing system to be placed on the planned salt storage shed at an estimated cost of $38,000.00.
2. Consider approval of Change Order No. 1 (final) to Contract C35-2017 with Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc. increasing the overall contract price by $14,729.40 for a total contract price of $1,627,184.18 for the SW Urish Road: SW 17th Street to SW 21st Street project.
D. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval to fill one Purchasing Specialist II position at a salary, including benefits, of $57,290.00.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C311-2017 with Kansas Children’s Service League (KCSL) to continue offering an intensive home visitation program for at-risk families with young children or those families who are expecting children with total grant funding in an amount of $860,000.00 in fiscal year 2018 with $360,000.00 going to KCSL and $500,000.00 to the Health Department.
E. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C312-2017 with the Communication Workers Union (CWA) regarding changes in the Memorandum of Understanding for years 2016, 2017, and 2018 relating to job classifications.
2. Consider Home Rule Resolution HR-2017-3 adopting the Shawnee County Title VI Plan to ensure compliance with federal laws prohibiting unlawful discrimination (first reading)—Commissioner Archer.
F. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Update on revenues and expenses.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
SHAWNEE COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH
To be held immediately following the regularly scheduled Shawnee County Board of County Commissioner Meeting
2) Early Childhood Intervention
a) Early Development and Effects of Chronic Stress – Gianfranco Pezzino, MD, Shawnee County Health Officer
b) Research on Early Intervention – Teresa Fisher, RN, BSN, Family Health Division Manager
3) Update on Tobacco efforts – Craig Barnes, Health Promotions Coordinator
4) Community Leadership Initiative – Marsha Pope, President, Topeka Community Foundation
5) Public Comments