II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Reflect that Commissioner Buhler signed a letter in support of United Way of Greater Topeka and their application for the Integrated Voter Engagement grant through the Kansas Health Foundation.
2. Acknowledge receipt of the October 4th Expocentre Advisory Board agenda and the minutes of the August 23rd meeting.
3. Consider emergency vehicle permit for Patrick Sonnier for fire and rescue response for the Auburn Fire Department—Emergency Management.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of a project budget for the furnishing and installation of a fabric truss roofing system for a new salt storage building to be constructed at the District 1 Road Maintenance Facility located at 2727 SE 77th Street, Berryton, Kansas at a cost estimated to be $48,000 with funding from the 2018 Road Maintenance Fund.
2. Consider approval of request to fill one Road Maintenance position and any subsequent openings that may result upon the filling of this position at an annual salary, including benefits, of $44,211.65.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C303-2017 with the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism to proceed with renovations at Clarion Woods Park with the County’s share of $18,750.00 with funding from the Parks + Recreation Building Maintenance Fund.
D. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE—Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C304-2017 with the City of Topeka to transfer 12 metered parking stalls located east of the Courthouse on South East Monroe Street to Shawnee County for use by County vehicles at no cost to the County.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C305-2017, addendum to Contract C323-2015 with Constellation Energy to supply natural gas to 3 additional county buildings at “wellhead” pricing resulting in significant savings in costs.
E. SHERIFF’S OFFICE--Sheriff Jones
1. Consider approval of request to create and advertise a Call Taker position at an annual salary, including benefits, of $44,166.00-$53,077.00.
2. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding his intent to purchase ammunition in an amount of $7,755.20 with funding from the 2017 budget.
V. administrative communications
VI. Executive Sessions