II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $1,691.33—District Attorney.
2. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2017CV000393—Eric West vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.—County Clerk.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of Commission Meeting minutes of August 3, 10, 14, 17, 21, 24, 28, 31 and the budget hearing of August 3, 2017—County Clerk.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C297-2017 with Mrs. Vivian Hill to purchase land adjoining McKinley Parks at a cost of $2,900.00 with funding of $1,365.00 from the Parkland Acquisition and Development Fee Fund District 2 and $1,625.00 from the Building Maintenance Fund.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C298-2017 with Rossville Township for treatment of noxious weeds in the Township at a cost of $22.00 per township road mile.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contracts C299-2017 through C301-2017 with Healthier 4 U Vending for the placement of vending machines in three community centers (Oakland, Hillcrest, and Crestview) as a pilot program for 2018 with proceeds going into the general fund.
C. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Acknowledge receipt of report certifying that American Medical Response is in compliance with the response parameters and requirements as set forth in Contract C207-2017 for June and July, 2017; however AMR will be fined the amount of $1,170.00 for long responses in four different zones in June and $1,290.00 for long responses in four different zones in July.
D. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C302-2017 with United Way of Greater Topeka for them to serve as fiscal agent for the Early Childhood Block Grant for a collaboration of agencies that work with pregnant and parenting mothers and children in Shawnee County with the 12 month award total for the Health Department being $252,263.00.
E. APPRAISER – Steve Bauman
1. Consider approval of request to reclassify the Commercial Appraiser Manager Position to a Deputy County Appraiser position with a salary, including benefits, of $105,525.00.
1. Discussion of appointment of Treasurer to the Silver Lake Township Board.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions