II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $9,230.44—District Attorney.
2. Consider approval of request for payment of final expenses for Bruce Bleeck, Jr. and Tony Clark in an amount of $350.00 each—Coroner’s Office.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Rossville Drainage District Treasurer’s Bond in an amount of $15,000.00—County Clerk.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Advisory/Advocacy Board minutes of July 25, 2017—Parks and Recreation.
5. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding negotiation with Fox Life, ION, Sportsman Channel and WGN to remain on Cox Cable’s lineup.
6. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C291-2017 with UMB Bank and Spectra Venue Management establishing agent authorization for depository services regarding the Kansas Expocentre—County Counselor.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. REGISTER OF DEEDS – Becky Nioce
1. Consider acceptance of a transfer of $150,000.00 from the Register of Deeds Technology Fund to the Land Records Fund to be used for expenditures in other County offices relating to land or property records.
C. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C292-2017 with Advanced Coating, Inc, as a sole source, to resurface floors in three specialty inmate cells at a cost of $38,645.00 with funding from the 2017 budget.
D. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones informing the Commission that he will be purchasing 20 in-car radar units at a cost of $55,000.00 and four handheld units at a cost of $8,780.00 with funding from the 2017 budgeted funds.
E. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of request to advertise and fill a vacant Application Developer I position at a salary, including benefits, of $57,290.40.
F. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C293-2017 with Bob’s Janitorial Service and Supply, Inc. to scrub and wax the floors of the Health Department’s J.P. Lewis Building at a one time cost of $795.00.
2. Consider approval of request to close the Immunizations and Sexually Transmitted Infections Clinics for an outreach flu vaccination clinic on October 17th, from 3:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. at Central Park Community Center.
G. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for the construction of the western and northern portions of the Gage Park trail with grant funding from the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife, Parks and Tourism in an amount of $288,833.00 and the Sunflower Foundation Grant in an amount of $110,000.00.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C294-2017 with Topeka Young Life to provide programming that includes activities for education, development, wellness, mentorship, and community benefit with in-kind services from the County including publicity and assistance with activity materials.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C295-2017 with Pryamide USA, Inc. as a sole source for the installation of an aquatics feature at Hillcrest pool in an amount of $7,800.00 with funding from the Parks + Recreation Building Maintenance fund.
4. Consider awarding bid for the purchase of tulip bulbs to KRS in an amount of $20,470.30.
H. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C296-2017 with Arbitrage Compliance Specialists, Inc. for arbitrage rebate calculation services for the Shawnee County Certificate of Participation, Series 2012 at a cost of $1,500.00 with funding from the County’s general expenses.
1. Consider appointment of Matt Pettit to the Jayhawk Area Agency on Aging Advisory Council effective October 1, 2017.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions