II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of Memorandum BLP 17-07 from the Kansas Dept. of Transportation which provides notification of modifications being made to its Federal Fund Exchange (FFE) Program reducing the exchange rate offered to local jurisdictions from $0.90 State Funds/$1.00 Federal Funds to $0.75 State Funds/$1.00 Federal Funds—Public Works/Solid Waste.
2. Consider approval of request for an emergency vehicle permit for Larkin Downing for first responder fire for Soldier Township and Lance Garner for emergency fire and rescue response for Auburn Fire Department —Emergency Management.
3. Consider approval of request for use of the Courthouse and grounds for a multiagency exercise on November 15th, from 5:30 p.m. to 11:00 p.m.—Emergency Management.
4. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding channel changes.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-48 acknowledging request by 29 Fairlawn, LLC, that the County issue Bonds and finance the acquisition of the 29th Street and Fairlawn Road project in an estimated aggregate principal amount of $75,000,000.00 in one or more series of issues and Resolution No. 2017-49 expressing the intent to issue Shawnee County, Kansas Industrial Revenue Bonds and enter into a base lease and lease purchase agreement with 29 Fairlawn, LLC—Commissioner Archer.
C. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider awarding the bid to R.D. Johnson Excavating, Inc. for the Timber Ridge Subdivision street improvement project, Phase IV at a cost of $387,166.00 with funding from the Special Assessment District account and authorization and execution of Contract C286-2017 for same.
2. Consider approval of request to advertise and fill two Road Maintenance positions at an annual salary each, including benefits, of $44,211.65 and to fill any positions that may become vacant as a result of filling these two positions.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C287-2017 with Central Salt, Inc. for de-icing salt at a cost of $223,960.00, if fully utilized, which extends the 2014 price of $55.90 per ton to April 15, 2018, with funding from the Road Maintenance Fund and the Grove and Monmouth Township Road Maintenance funds.
D. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for new entrance/exit doors for the sallyport at an approximate cost of $87,160.00.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C288-2017 with Corizon Health Services, Inc. for the implementation of a medical and mental health care program for the care and treatment of inmates in the Adult and Juvenile Detention Centers for four years effective January 1, 2018 at a cost for 2018 of $3,154,000.00.
E. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C289-2017, an interlocal agreement with the City of Topeka for distribution of the 2017 Byrne Justice Assistance Grant (JAG) Program Award allocating $34,699.00 to the City of Topeka and $34,699.00 to Shawnee County for CAD/RMS Integration licenses for interface software for body worn and in-car cameras.
F. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C290-2016 with Ameri-Crete for completion of the Lake Shawnee Arboretum Trail Phases II and III with funding of $44,200.00 from the Building Maintenance Fund and $2,000.00 from the Parks and Recreation Foundation.
G. ADMINSTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Update on revenues and expenses.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions