1. Introduction and discussion with applicant for Silver Lake Township Treasurer.
2. LEPC Award Presentation—Emergency Management.
3. Update on the Mosquito Surveillance project—Ed Kalas, Health Dept.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider acceptance of the County Treasurer’s July 2017 bank reconciliation report.
2. Consider approval of request to use the basement break room between the hours of 7 am and noon on October 19th for flu shots for State court employees—Court Administration.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C270- 2017 with Ozark Integrated Pest Service for pest control service at all Shawnee County building/structure locations at an annual cost of approximately $13,500.00.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C271-2017 with Fidelity Information Services (FIS) to allow the department to accept benefits from the Kansas Dept. for Children and Families for Camp Connections at Lake Shawnee.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C272-2017 with James Mosher, aka Castle & Cross Consort, for live entertainment during the upcoming Holiday Happenings dinners on December 1, 2, 8 and 9 at the Ward-Meade Mansion at a cost of $750.00 from the Parks and Recreations Foundation.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C273-2017 with the India Association of Topeka for operation of the India Fest in Gage Park to be held on August 26 with expenses offset by a special event fee donation to the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Foundation totaling $2,010.00.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C274-2017 amending contract C308-2016 with Sunflower Paving, Inc., extending the term through October 23, 2018, which allows miscellaneous concrete repairs throughout the Parks system.
5. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C275-2017 with Puffy’s Steak and Ice House for food service during the Applefest on September 30th- October 1st in Old Prairie Town with a reimbursement of 60% of food sales to the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Foundation.
6. Consider authorization and execution of the following service contracts for the Apple Festival funded through the SCPR Foundation:
(a) Contract C276-2017 with the Kansas Muzzleloading Association for a mountain man encampment demonstration in an amount of $400.00.
(b) Contract C277-2017 with Laura McLemore for reenactment of Laura Ingalls Wilder and craft demonstration in an amount of $450.00.
(c) Contract C278-2017 with Dana Rodenbaugh for roving music in an amount of $975.00.
(d) Contract C279-2017 with Timothy Rues for historical reenactments in an amount of $500.00.
7. Consider authorization and execution of the following service contracts for the Apple Festival funded through the operating budget:
(a) Contract C280-2017 with David Gleue for sound system equipment and support in an amount of $1,000.00.
(b) Contract C281-2017 with Party Time Tents to provide 3 tents at a cost of $1,860.00.
(c) Contract C282-2017 with Durham Bus Services for two buses for transportation to and from Parking Lot #2 at a cost of $1,174.60 and any overtime after 6:00 p.m. on Saturday or 3:00 p.m. on Sunday.
(d) Contract C283-2017 with Paramount Pony to provide barnyard animals for a petting zoo at a cost of $1,570.00.
D. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C284-2017 with Software House International for annual renewal of the Software Assurance licensing at a cost of $16,406.00 with funding from the 2017 IT budget.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions