II. Unfinished Business
1. Consider approval of Home Rule Resolution No. 2017-2 prohibiting sales or furnishing of tobacco products to persons under the age of 21 (second reading)—Commissioner Archer
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Go Topeka Quarterly 2nd quarter financial report.
2. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $809.98—District Attorney.
3. Consider approval of request from Westar Energy, Inc. to grant the right of way and temporary easement to them on property located at Oakwood Hills Park, 4201 SE Adams Street—County Counselor.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C256-2017 with Jerald Fisher to instruct fitness classes for $15.00 per hour—Parks + Recreation.
5. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-46 authorizing the destruction of AP invoices 2012 and prior--County Clerk.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017- 47 expressing the intent of the Board to issue Shawnee County, Kansas taxable Health Facilities revenue bonds and enter into a base lease and lease purchase agreement with Topeka Health System, LLC or its assigns, together with all things necessary and incidental thereto, all pursuant to K.S.A. 12-1740 et seq., as amended and supplemented.
C. COURT ADMINISTRATION—Chuck Hydovitz
1. Consider approval of request to solicit quotes for modification to courtrooms in Division 2, 13, 14 and 15 for ADA access.
2. Consider approval of request to reject a previous bid and purchase a new vehicle for Court Services under a State contract from the FY 2017 budget.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C257-2017 with Eagle Technologies for upgrade to the court’s data backup system at an increased cost of $5,765.61 from the 2017 budget.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C258-2017 with SHI for annual maintenance of the operating systems of the web server, document management, development, and data storage systems at a yearly cost of $2,831.00 from the 2017 budget.
5. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C259-2017 with KnowBe4, Inc. for security awareness training and tests at a cost of $2,520.00 from the 2017 budget.
D. PUBLIC WORKS—Tom Vlach
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C260-2017 with Finney & Turnipseed, Transportation & Civil Engineering, L.L.C., amendment 7 to C272-2005 for the 2016 Biennial Bridge Inventory & Appraisal for Rural Secondary & Off-System Bridges for a lump sum of $62,750.00 and “On-Going” Inspection & Appraisal Services not to exceed $10,000.00 with funding from the Public Works Special Bridge Fund Account.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C261-2017 with Finney & Turnipseed Transportation and Civil Engineering, LLC, for project plan development and right of way documents necessary to improve SE 45th Street between SE California Ave. and SE Croco Road at a cost of $292,000.00 with funding from the State of Kansas Federal Fund Exchange Program.
3. Consider approval of request to award the bid for the purchase of glass beads for retro-reflective enhancement of roadway paint striping to Potters Industries in an amount of $12,672.00 from the 2017 Public Works Road Maintenance Fund.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C262-2017 with Shawnee County Consolidated Rural Water District No. 4 for relocation of its facilities for a culvert replacement project on NW Dondee Lane over the Break Neck Branch of Halfday Creek located .4 miles south of NW 43rd Street, at a cost of $25,600.00 from the Special Bridge Fund.
E. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of project budgets for the following:
(a) Disc Golf Improvements at Crestview in an amount of $12,000.00 from the Building Maintenance fund and $500.00 from the operating budget.
(b) Phase II and III for the Lake Shawnee Arboretum Trail with $55,750.00 from the Building Maintenance fund and $2,000.00 from the Foundation.
(c) Purchase of stacking chairs and chair carts with funding of $8,742.86 from the Building Maintenance fund.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C263-2017 with Ameri-Crete, change order to Contract C162-2017 to provide for additional cart path renovations (#7, #8, #9) at Cypress Ridge Golf Course for an additional amount of $13,899.00 from the Building Maintenance fund.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C264-2017 with CFS Engineers to provide surveying, engineering design services, cost estimated and limited construction administration for the construction of the Lake Shawnee Trail renovations along SE 45th Street at Lake Shawnee at a cost of $82,430.89 with funding from the Lake Shawnee Trail fund.
4. Consider approval of request to award the bid for the purchase of grass seed to Helena Chemical Co. at a cost of $44,564.75 with funding of $23,252.00 from the Parks + Recreation operating budget and the balance funded from the revenue revolving fund.
5. Consider out-of-state travel for an additional employee to attend the National Recreation and Park Association Annual Conference at a cost not to exceed $2,700.00 with funding from the operating budget.
F. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Update on Judicial Tax Foreclosure Proceedings.
G. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Discussion of 2018 budget.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions