1. Presentation regarding the countywide one-half cent sales tax accomplishments.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider emergency vehicle permit for David R. Erickson for fire response for Shawnee Heights Fire District—Emergency Management.
2. Acknowledge receipt of the Notice of the October 25, 2017 Ambulance Advisory Board meeting and the minutes from the June 28, 2017 meeting—Emergency Management.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C253-2017 with Monica Adame and the Kansas Expocentre/SMG for rental of Heritage Hall for a wedding reception.
4. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2017CV000492—Envista Credit Union vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et. al.—County Clerk.
5. Consider approval of line item changes in the Community Corrections Second District budget.
6. Consider approval of line item changes in the Community Corrections Third District budget.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Consider approval of Home Rule Resolution No. 2017-2 prohibiting sales or furnishing of tobacco products to persons under the age of 21 (first reading)—Commissioner Archer.
C. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C254-2017, addendum to Contract C70-2017 with Mohan Construction and Slemmons Associates, increasing the contract price for the work on the northwest parking lot by $61,794.00 for a total of $499,794.00 due to running all light pole power in the underground conduit and for additional excavation of the sub-grade which was replaced with large size rock.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider out-of-state travel for one employee to attend the 2017 National Recreation and Park Association’s annual conference at a cost not to exceed $2,700.00 with funding from the 2017 operating budget.
E. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-44 for placement of street lights at the intersection of SW Urish Road and SW Huntoon Street—Commissioner Archer.
F. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding annual maintenance of the finger print scanner system for the Offender Registration Unit (Contract C255-2017) at a cost for one year of $5,760.00 with funding from the Offender Registration funds.
G. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider eliminating two positions in the Maternal and Child Health Program due to KDHE grant funding cuts.
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-45 establishing the 2018 holidays for Shawnee County government—Commissioner Archer.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
PUBLIC HEARING ON THE 2018 BUDGET