1. Update on National Night Out—Kristi Pankratz, Safe Streets.
2. Presentation regarding Parks + Recreation camps and summer activities by Clay Neal, Camps Before/Afterschool Supervisor and Susan Fowler-Hentzler, Recreation Superintendent.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $784.40—District Attorney.
2. Consider approval of the FY2018 Behavioral Health Budget Summary and Narrative indicating a budget adjustment from $132,000.00 to $118,420.00—Community Corrections.
3. Consider approval of the 4th Quarter Outcomes Report—Community Corrections.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C246-2017 with Superion, amendment to Contract C339-2015, to set up a Distance Learning session to provide information that will assist in setting up additional automation in the OneSolution payroll module at a cost of $427.20 with funding from the OneSolution upgrade project—Information Technology.
5. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C247-2017 with Westar, amending Contract C197-2017 with a change in the description of the County as the “attachee” in the title of the agreement allowing the County to set up fiber optic cable attachment to Westar’s distribution poles—Information Technology.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-41 acknowledging the request from Topeka Health System, LLC requesting the County issue its health system revenue bonds (Topeka Health System, LLC project), Series 2017 in an estimated aggregate principal amount of $90,000,000.00 in one or more series of issues—Commissioner Archer.
C. PLANNING – Barry Beagle
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-42 amending a special use permit for the Cole Family Trust on behalf of American Tower Corporation, lessee, to replace an existing 280-foot guyed-tower with a 290 foot self-supporting lattice tower on property located at 8320 SW 85th Street in Auburn Township—Commissioner Archer.
2. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-43 authorizing a conditional use permit to establish a dog kennel boarding facility on property north of SW 61st Street on the west side of SW Wanamaker Road in Mission Township—Commissioner Archer.
D. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request to negotiate a health services contract with Corizon Health for medical and mental health services for the adult and juvenile detention centers.
E. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C248-2017 with Cox Business to provide a 5 MB/sec connection to the internet at the Helen Hocker building at a cost of $125.00 for a one time connection and installation fees and $118.94 monthly recurring service charges with funding from the Parks + Recreation Dept.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C249-2017 with AT&T, release and settlement agreement with AT&T crediting the amount of $99,996.67 to Shawnee County’s account.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C245-2017 with Software House International for annual maintenance for the Barracuda email SPAM filter in an amount of $2,114.00 with funding from the Information Technology 2017 budget.
F. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C250-2017 with the Kansas Dept. of Wildlife Parks and Tourism to provide grant funding to combat the chronic plantonic algae problem in the Central Park pond with the County’s funding match of $586.87.
2. Consider approval of an additional $250.00 in membership dues to the National Recreation and Park Association for a total annual fee of $1,500.00.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C251-2017 with the Shawnee County Allied Tribes, Inc. for operation of the 2017 All Nations Inter-Tribal Pow Wow event to be held September 1st to the 3rd with expenses offset by a special event fee of $500.00 and a donation to the Parks and Recreation Foundation totaling $2,800.00.
G. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Presentation regarding Thomas McGee, LC, Shawnee County’s Third Party Administrator for the Workers Compensation program.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C252-2017 with Thomas McGee, LC, amendment to Contract C289-2015, extending their services from August 1, 2017 to July 31, 2018 and includes a 2 percent increase in the fees.
H. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Update on revenues and expenses.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions