II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C244-2017 with Alcohol Monitoring Systems, Inc. to rent electronic monitoring equipment for the purpose of monitoring juvenile offenders in need of such services to maintain their probation status with funding from a Title II Dept. of Correction grant—Community Corrections.
2. Consider acceptance of easements and authorization to pay the property owner the agreed settlement amount of $500.00 for the NW Dondee Lane over the Break Neck Branch of Halfday Creek project—Public Works/Solid Waste.
3. Consider acceptance of easements and authorization to pay the property owner the agreed settlement amount of $500.00 for the NW Button Road over Un-named Tributary of Halfday Creek project—Public Works/Solid Waste.
4. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the financial commitment submitted for Timber Ridge Subdivision Street Benefit District Phase IV—County Clerk.
5. Consider approval of request to authorize payment of final expenses in an amount of $350.00 for Jacquelyn Washington—Coroner.
6. Consider approval of emergency vehicle permit for Mark Smith for fire response for Mission Township—Emergency Management.
7. Acknowledge receipt of the Treasurer’s June 2017 bank reconciliation report—Treasurer.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider Resolution No. 2017-39 approving and authorizing the execution of a termination of lease and sublease as required by a 1994 lease agreement and sublease agreement between the County and the Sisters of Charity of Leavenworth Health Services Corporation.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for approximately 112,490 spring blooming bulbs to be planted in the fall for displays in the Spring of 2018 at a cost not to exceed $25,000 with funding from the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Foundation.
2. Consider approval of request to grant a permanent public improvement easement at Nana’s Park to the City of Topeka as part of the SE California road improvement project.
D. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval of request to close the WIC Program on September 13, 2017 to conduct final training and equipment updates to begin the eWIC program on September 14th.
2. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-40 authorizing the issuance of a business credit card to Edith Matthews, Finance Officer with a credit limit of $7,500.00.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions