II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of the minutes of the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Advisory/Advocacy Board meeting of May 23, 2017.
2. Acknowledge receipt of a notice of Ambulance Advisory Board meetings to be held July 26, 2017 and October 25, 2017 and minutes of the March 1, 2017 meeting—Emergency Management.
3. Consider approval of request to authorize payment of final expenses for Barbara Baker in an amount of $350.00—Coroner.
4. Acknowledge receipt of a public notice from KDHE regarding a proposed Kansas Water Pollution Control Permit for a wastewater treatment facility at Futumura USA, Inc.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding renewal of a service agreement with the City of Topeka (Contract C237-2017) for the Code Red system which is a web based emergency notification system at a cost of $11,000.00 for the period of July 25, 2017 through July 24, 2019, payable through the Special Law Enforcement Trust Funds.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C238-2017 with CDW Government reflecting an adjustment in cost for the personal computer upgrade request made July 3, 2017 due to new bids resulting in a cost of $950.00 more than the original price of $17,708.00 for a total of $18,658.00, thus cancelling Contract C217-2017.
D. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C239-2017 with the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment for grant funding in an amount of $33,685.00 to the Northeast Corner Regionalization Initiative for the period of July 1, 2017 through June 30, 2018, to enhance the regional preparedness and response capabilities for addressing public health and bioterrorism events (Shawnee County continues to serve as the fiscal agent).
E. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of a request from the Kansas Alliance for Wetlands and Streams (KAWS) seeking permission to place signs at selected locations notifying the public when they are entering the Upper Wakarusa Watershed Boundary with no actual cost to the County with the exception of labor and equipment necessary to install the signs.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C240-2017 with KDOT, supplemental agreement No. 1 to Contract C220-2014 and to the Federal Aid State Wide Bridge Inspection Master Agreement, clarifying language to better identify Shawnee County’s financial participation responsibilities regarding pin and hanger and fracture critical member bridges, underwater foundation inspection and element level data collection.
3. Consider approval of request to pay an invoice for the emergency purchase of concrete sawing services in an amount of $11,280.00 for a left-turn construction project on SW 61st Street.
4. Consider approval of request to issue Requests for Proposals for the purchase of seven rear-loader trucks at a total estimated cost of $1,100,000.00 with funding from the Solid Waste Collections Operational Budget.
1. Consider appointment of voting delegates for the KAC Annual Conference to be held in Overland Park on November 14, 15, and 16, 2017.
2. Consider cancelling the Monday, August 7th Commission Meeting due to the Election Canvass being held on that date and Thursday, November 16th due to the Annual KAC Conference.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions