II. Unfinished Business
1. Acknowledge receipt of the 2018 Extension Council budget.
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge acceptance of Treasurer’s Idle Funds Investment quarterly report ending June 30, 2017—Treasurer.
2. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Commission meeting minutes of June 1, 5, 8, 12, 15, 19, 22, 26, and 29, 2017—County Clerk.
3. Acknowledge receipt of trip report to the Superion Users Group Association (SUGA) conference from Shane Plemons and Kyle McDonald—Information Technology.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding renewal of a contract with Offender Watch ( Contract C227-2017 ) for an annual subscription at a cost of $5,000.00 with funding from the Offender Registration account.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C228-2017, amendment to Contract C732-2012 with SN Properties Funding V-Tower/Townsite, LLC, for lease of an additional 21 square feet to house the backup generator for the Shawnee County Emergency Communications Radio Network equipment on the 17th floor of the Topeka Tower, 534 South Kansas at a cost of $150.00 per month from the 911 Funds account.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding a contract with Kyle Soldani (Contract C229-2017) for technical support for ASTRO P25 Radio Networks and advanced training of Sheriff’s Office personnel and partner agencies.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C230-2017 with TDC Learning Centers, Inc. for management of the Shawnee North preschool program with compensation from TDS of $6,750.00 for the year.
D. TREASURER—Larry Mah
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C231-2017 with Mail Services, LLC, for printing and mailing of Shawnee County tax statements for 3 years with funding from the County’s general fund.
E. FACILTIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for pest control services at all Shawnee County facilities.
F. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of request to advertise and fill the Assistant Network Administrator position at a salary, including benefits, of $57,594.80.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C232-2017 with Superion to provide on-site training sessions for the Cognos reporting platform at a cost of $7,200.00 for training and $2,000.00 for travel and lodging costs for the trainer, with funding from the OneSolution upgrade project budget.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C233-2017 with Superion for the annual maintenance and licensing fee for the Executime Advanced Scheduling product at a cost of $5,948.25 with funding from the 2017 IT budget.
G. HUMAN RESOURCES—Angela Lewis
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence regarding changes in income tax withholding rates for 2017 and 2018.
2. Consider approval of request to advertise and fill the position of Director of the Shawnee County Health Department.
H. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES—Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of request for payment of unbudgeted expenses for four additional Grand Juries at a cost of $58,000.00 from the County’s General Expense contingency budget.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions