II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of payment of final expenses in an amount of $350.00 for Jeffery Huntington—Coroner.
2. Consider approval of letters of support for 3 City of Topeka Transportation Enhancement Grants for Quincy Elementary Safe Routes to Schools, for the Pedestrian Plan Project, and Phase III of the Topeka Bikeways Master Plan—Parks + Recreation.
3. Acknowledge receipt of an agenda for the Monday, July 10th Shawnee County Planning Commission and minutes of the April 10th, 2017 meeting—Planning.
4. Acknowledge receipt of Summons for Case No. 2017CV000345—Wells Fargo Bank, NA vs. Board of County Commissioners of Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.—County Clerk.
5. Consider approval of a scholarship application for the Local Emergency Planning Committee Chairperson, Steve Christenberry, to attend a conference with a cost to the County of $25.00—Emergency Management.
6. Acknowledge receipt of the legal advertising rate for The Topeka Metro News effective July 1, 2017—County Clerk.
7. Acknowledge receipt of the legal advertising rate for The Topeka Capital Journal effective July 1, 2017—County Clerk.
8. Acknowledge receipt of the 2018 Benefit Cost Unemployment Rate Notice from the Kansas Dept. of Labor showing a rate of .18 percent for 2018—Human Resources.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. EXTENSION OFFICE – Cindy Evans
1. Presentation of the 2018 budget request.
C. DISTRICT COURT – Charles Hydovitz
1. Consider approval of request to purchase a new vehicle for Court Services from the FY 2017 budget.
D. CORONER – Dr. Glenn
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-36 appointing Dr. Alan Martinez to serve as the Deputy District Coroner for the Third Judicial District.
E. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to solicit a Request for Priced Proposal (RFPP) for overhead netting at the Bettis Family Sports Complex.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C219-2017 with Emcon for a revised scope of services for the Lake Shawnee spillway repair and maintenance at a cost of $200,061.71 and authorization and execution of Contract C220-2017 amending Contract C300-2015 with Professional Engineering Consultants to include additional construction administration and inspection services for the duration of the spillway project at an estimated cost of $20,950.00 with funding from Certificate of Participation.
3. Consider approval of request to create and fill four new Park Maintenance Technicians at an annual salary, including benefits, of $46,766.83 and to fill any subsequent position that become vacant as a result of filling these positions.
F. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE—Bill Kroll
1. Consider approval of request to solicit proposals to select a design/build team for renovations/replacement of the heating, ventilating and air condition systems (HVAC) at the Shawnee County North Annex.
G. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C221-2017 with language Line Services, Inc. to update the current language interpretation services and add remote video interpretation services with per minute costs for Spanish translation via telephone at $1.85, all other languages at $1.95, and video translation via American Sign Language at $2.95.
H. COUNSELOR—Jim Crowl
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C222-2017 with Westlaw for online legal research access, for a period of 36 months, at a cost of $1,248.15 per month to be paid by funds from the Counselor Office (50%), the Sheriff’s Office (33%) and Department of Corrections (17%).
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C223-2017 with Westlaw Thomson Reuters for West Complete printed materials at a cost of $19.03 per month for 3 years.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C224-2017 with SMG, amending Contracts C254-2006 and C246-2012, regarding the term of the current SMG management agreement by moving the termination date from December 31, 2017 to August 31, 2017.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C225-2017 with Spectra for management of the Kansas Expocentre, commencing on September 1, 2017 and expiring on December 31, 2022.
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-37 establishing salaries for all Department Heads.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions