II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C203-2017 with Immix Technology, Inc. for annual maintenance of the Oracle Linus Basic at a cost of $1,154.30—District Court.
2. Consider approval of payment of final expenses in an amount of $350.00 each for Bradley Liles and Phyllis Irene Clark—Coroner.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C204-2017 with Sreeranjini Bangalore to instruct fitness classes at a rate of $15.00 per hour—Parks and Recreation.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the June 28th, 2017 Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board agenda and minutes of the May 24th meeting.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Acknowledge receipt of petition and consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-29 creating the Timber Ridge Subdivision Street Benefit District Phase IV, authorizing the construction of streets therein, and assessing all cost of the construction and installation of the improvements against the lots benefited thereby—Commissioner Archer.
2. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-30 authorizing the issuance of not to exceed $5,000,000 aggregate principal amount of revenue bonds (United Methodist Homes, Inc.), Series 2017, to provide funds to acquire, construct, install, equip and furnish additions and improvements to a continuing care retirement facility leased to United Methodist Homes, Inc. and pay certain costs related thereto—Commissioner Archer.
C. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding renewal of a maintenance contract with Motorola (Contract C205-2017) to provide advanced network inspections and preventive maintenance to the Shawnee County radio communication network, resulting in an increase in fees of $15,146.04 for a total cost of $236,991.00 with funding from the 911 funds.
D. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C206-2017 with Lamar Advertising for education and awareness of the Kansas Tobacco Quitline through advertising on two billboards, paid by KDHE with no cost to the County.
E. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval to fill a vacant Park Police Officer position at a salary, including benefits, of $54,276.00.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C207-2017 with LaborMAX to provide 13 temporary staff for eight hours for the July 4th Spirit of Kansas activities at a cost of $1,414.40 with funding from the Parks + Recreation 2017 budget.
3. Consider approval to solicit bids to replace the existing artificial turf on the Jerry Robertson Field at an estimated cost of $250,000.00 with funding from the Capital Outlay Fund.
F. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider Change Order No. 1 to Contract C164-2017 with Bettis Asphalt & Construction, Inc. increasing the original “As Bid” contract amount by $26,742.50 for the S. Topeka Blvd: SW 57th to N. of SW Airport Drive cold and overlay projects.
2. Consider awarding the bid for asphalt milling of an estimated 65,500 square yards to Bettis Asphalt at an estimated cost of $121,175.00 with funding from the 2017 Public Works Road Maintenance Fund.
G. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of request to sell surplus property including miscellaneous computer equipment and a 2000 GMC Safari Mini Van and a 1992 International custom van-TURV.
H. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C208-2017 with Cook, Flatt & Strobel Engineers to conduct a land survey related to the Kansas Expocentre renovation project at a cost of $24,000.00.
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-31 appointing Rebecca Cartmill as the Director of the Shawnee County Department of Community Corrections, effective June 15, 2017 at a salary of $77,688.00—Commissioner Archer.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions