II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C202-2017 with the Kansas Dept. of Corrections, for Title II funding in an amount of $31,938.00 for the electronic monitoring program for juveniles to benefit both Community Corrections and Court Services Juvenile Services—Community Corrections.
2. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Commission meeting minutes of May 1, 4, 8, 11, 15, 18, 22, and 25, 2017—County Clerk.
3. Consider granting an easement to Westar Energy on property located at 5200 SW Wenger Street (Central Crossing Commerce Park), Home Depot Distribution Center—County Counselor
4. Consider approval of a letter in support of an application submitted to the Kansas Dept. of Commerce for a $250,000.00 community tax credit for the GraceMed Wellspring Project—Commission.
5. Consider acceptance of the County Treasurer’s April 2017 bank reconciliation report—Treasurer.
6. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $2,512.30—District Attorney.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-27 creating the Timber Ridge Subdivision Street Benefit District Phase IV, authorizing the construction of streets, and assessing all costs of the construction and installation of the improvements against the lots benefited thereby.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C198-2017 with the Topeka Community Cycle Project to provide bicycle education programming and cycle repair services at the Oakland Community Center for an annual fee of $2,500.00.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C199-2017 with Big Boyz to provide food and/or beverages in parks.
D. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C200-2017, amendment #4 to Contract C324-2013, with the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment for continued funding of $500,000.00 with matching funds from the Early Childhood Block Grant, for one year of the Nurse Family Partnership Program and the Kansas Children’s Service League Healthy Families Topeka Program.
E. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C201-2017 with the Northeast Kansas Homeland Security Council for the transfer of 45 cone adapters for power flares and other equipment for use by Emergency Management and partners with no cost to the County.
F. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-28 appointing Angela Lewis as the Human Resources Director effective June 26th, 2017, at a salary, including benefits, of $99,989.00 annually.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
9:30 a.m. – work session with planning commission
1. Discussion of comprehensive plan recommendations—Barry Beagle, Director of Planning.