II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $908.27—District Attorney.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contracts C177-2017 through C184-2017, Memorandum of Agreements (MOA) with Shawnee County Parks and Recreation, 3rd Judicial District Court, Community Corrections, and Reno, Jackson, Jefferson, Osage and Douglas Counties for temporary housing of inmates/juveniles during an emergency--Corrections.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Cox Communications regarding channel changes.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of request to pay annual license fees for several cloud based software components provided by Atlassian at a cost of $3,584.00 including:
(a) Confluence, a communications and collaboration platform.
(b) Service Desk, a replacement for the current IT Help Desk system.
(c) JIRA, a project management tool that is used to create schedules, work flows and models for tracking progress of projects from inception to completion.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C185-2017 with the Great Plains Balloon Club for the operation of the 2017 Huff N Puff event and activities with expenses offset with a special event fee and a donation to the Parks and Recreation Foundation totaling $1,475.00.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C186-2017 with the Sertoma Great Topeka Duck Race Committee for the operation of the 2017 Great Topeka Duck Race activities with expenses offset with a special event fee and a donation to the Parks and Recreation Foundation totaling $2,500.00.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C187-2017 with the Lake Shawnee Boat & Ski Club for management and operation of the 2017 Kansas State Championships Water Ski Tournament with expenses offset by a donation to the Parks and Recreation Foundation of $200.00 and in-kind service hours for Lake Shawnee.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C188-2017 with the Topeka North Outreach to provide programming in the areas of education, development, wellness and community benefit.
5. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C189-2017, amendment to Contract C50-2016 with the Genesis Health Clubs for the temporary management of the Kossover Tennis Complex through November 30, 2017 with expenses of $3,000.00 per month for management and operation of the facility.
6. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C190-2017, memorandum of understanding with the Kansas Children’s Discovery Center to operate the Monday summer meal program at old Prairie Town and Chesney Park.
7. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C191-2017 with Curb Appeal Powerwash, LLC for pressure washing services for Parks and Recreation facilities and park assets with expenses of $87.00 per hour from the Parks + Recreation operating budgets.
8. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C192-2017 with Ozark Integrated Pest Control, Inc. for treatment to the north RV bathhouse restroom at the Lake Shawnee Campground for control of subterranean termites for the sum of $870.00, not including sales tax, payable from the Campground Revolving Fund.
9. Consider approval of request to enter into a contract with Verizon Wireless to provide a cellular data plan for use with Parks + Recreation department iPads with monthly cellular service of $40.00 per iPad for a total annual cost of $9,602.40 from the operating budget.
10. Consider approval of request to fill a vacant position of Forester at an annual salary, including benefits, of $51,062.00, and fill any other positions that become vacant as a result of filling this position.
11. Consider approval of request to solicit Requests for Proposals from architects, engineers, field services and other professionals to facilitate implementation of the Capital Maintenance and Capital Improvement Plans.
D. PUBLIC WORKS / SOLID WASTE--Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to award bid to Kirby Smith Machine for purchase of a new oil distributor truck at a cost of $159,887.00—Public Works.
2. Consider approval of request to award bid to Welborn Sales, Inc. for purchase of custom and smaller culvert pipe; and award bid to Metal Culverts, Inc. for 90” and greater culvert pipe, for use for “in-house” culvert pipe replacement projects—Public Works.
3. Consider approval of request to accept quotes and pay NAPA Tools & Equipment for the Purchase of a Tire Changing Machine in an amount of $16,366.00 from the Solid Waste Fund—Solid Waste.
E. COURT ADMINISTRATION—Chuck Hydovitz
1. Consider approval to purchase office furniture from BA designs for the Court Services offices in Suite B12 at a cost of $26,660.77 from the 2017 Court Services appropriation fund.
1. Consider appointment of Joseph Kroll to the Ambulance Advisory Board.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions