1. Presentation of check from Capitol Federal Savings for the 2017 Spirit of Kansas.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider acceptance of easements and authorization to pay the property owners the agreed settlement amount of $630.00 for the SE Woodring Road over Un-named Tributary to Elk Creek culvert replacement project.
2. Consider approval of the 2018 Juvenile Comprehensive Grant Plan and Budget—Community Corrections.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Public Hearing and consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-25 determining the intent of Shawnee County, to issue its revenue bonds (United Methodist Homes, Inc.), Series 2017 in an estimated aggregate principal amount of $4,650,000.00—Commissioner Archer.
C. HEALTH DEPT. – Linda Ochs
1. Consider approval of request to fill an Office Assistant II position at a salary, including benefits, of $39,098.00.
D. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for the milling of asphalt pavement surfaces and subsequent sweeping for NE 46th Street: NE Meriden Road to NE Sherman Road and the SW Auburn Road: SW 45th Street to the bridge south of SW 61st Street.
E. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider the following related to the 2017 Spirit of Kansas Fireworks Display:
(a) Authorization and execution of Contract C175-2017 with J&M Displays for the safe operation and delivery of the fireworks display in an amount of $25,000.00 per year for three years.
(b) Approval of Resolution No. 2017-26 giving the Shawnee County Public Works Dept. authority to place temporary traffic signs and barricades as necessary on roads and streets under the jurisdiction of Shawnee County for the purpose of facilitating the 2017 Spirit of Kansas celebration—Commissioner Archer.
(c) Authorization and execution of Contract C176-2017 with Boy Scout Troop #193 for traffic assistance for the Spirit of Kansas Fireworks event at a cost of $1,200.00 from the 2017 operating budget.
F. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Update on expenses and revenues.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions