II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $4,037.39—District Attorney.
2. Consider authorization to pay E. Louise Bjorgaard Probasco $1,516.00 for the relocation of water service and installation of a water meter for the SW Urish Road between SW 17th and SW Huntoon Street project—Public Works.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of Commission meeting minutes of April 3, 6, 10, 13, 17, 20, 14, and 27, 2017—County Clerk.
4. Consider approval of Emergency Vehicle Permit for Travis LaDuke for emergency response for fire for Silver Lake/Shawnee County.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C161-2017 with Ameri-Crete for construction of concrete paths at the Lake Shawnee Arboretum at a cost of $25,704.00 for Phase 1 with funding from the Capital Maintenance (3R) Fund.
2. Consider approval of a grant application for a grant from the Kansas Department of Wildlife Parks Community Fisheries Assistance Program for Clarion Woods Park water quality improvements including tube replacement, bank stabilization and dredging, requiring a financial commitment from the County of $18,750.00.
3. Consider the following regarding the Cypress Ridge Cart Path project with funding of the entire project from the Parks + Recreation Building Maintenance Fund with long term repayment from the golf revenue revolving fund and a dedicated increase to user fees:
(a) Authorization and execution of Contract C162-2017 with Ameri-Crete to construct concrete cart paths on holes #10-#18 at Cypress Ridge Golf Course at a cost not to exceed $493,678.50.
(b) Authorization and execution of Contract C163-2017, amendment to Contract C203-2010, with CE Golf Design for additional professional services of cart path layout and observation at a cost of $15,000.00 and any other additional services at an hourly rate of $145.00 per hour for the Project Architect and $95.00 per hour for the Design Associate.
(c) Approval of Cypress Ridge user fees to reflect a $1.00 increase across the board for golfers at Cypress Ridge.
C. PUBLIC WORKS—Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to award bid to Bettis Asphalt & Construction Inc., for the cold mill and overlay of S. Topeka Blvd. between SW 57th to north of SW Airport Drive and authorization and execution of Contract C164-2017 for same, in an amount of $313,723.50 with funding from the 2017 Operating Budget and the Special Highway Account.
2. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-23 authorizing the installation and maintenance of temporary “No Parking” signs for the Sherwood Lake Club’s annual Fourth of July activities—Commissioner Archer.
D. COUNSELOR—Jim Crowl
1. Consider approval of recommendation of the Professional Services Selection Committee to award the bid for management and operation services of the Kansas Expocentre to Spectra by Comcast Spectacor and authorization for the County Counselor’s office to negotiate a contract.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions