II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider emergency vehicle permit for Scott R Scurlock for emergency fire and rescue response for Mission Township —Emergency Management.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C152-2017 with AT&T for relocation of utility lines for the culvert replacement project at SE Woodring Road over Tributary to Elk Creek with no cost to the county—Public Works.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C153-2017 with Dan Clarizio of the Capital Plaza Hotel for the Doberman Pinscher Club of America for rental of Landon Arena, Exhibition Hall and Domer Livestock Arena from October 3rd through the 13th, 2019.
4. Consider approval of the Health Dept.’s Recertification Form for the 340B Drug Pricing Program—Health Dept.
5. Acknowledge correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding the renewal of a contract with the Animal Clinic of North Topeka (Contract C154-2017) and a contract with Dr. Edward Kester (Contract C155-2017) for professional veterinary services—Sheriff’s Office.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-22 authorizing the issuance of an estimated $36,000,000.00 aggregate principal amount of Shawnee County taxable industrial revenue bonds (Federal Home Loan Bank of Topeka project) to be issued in one or more series and approving and authorizing the execution of accompanying documents—Commissioner Archer.
C. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – Les Crooks
1. Consider approval of request for a capital expenditure in an amount of $20,795.15 to purchase three large high volume/low speed fans in the ceiling in Domer Arena to help with air circulation during events that occur during times of high temperature or humidity.
D. HUMAN RESOURCES – Jeff McMillian
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C156-2017, memorandum of understanding with AFSCME,covering the bargaining unit for Refuse and Recycling Employees, Local 1294, Missouri and Kansas Council 61 for calendar years 2017, 2018, and 2019.
E. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to award bid to Sunflower Paving, Inc., for reconstruction of the cart path and services on Hole #1 at Lake Shawnee Golf Course at a cost of $19,000.00 and authorization and execution of Contract C157-2017 for same.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C158-2017 with the City of Topeka granting permission for right of entry for survey and geological exploration and ingress/egress for a defined area of Rice Park with no cost to the county.
F. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE—Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C159-2017, amendment to Contract C106-2017 with Lower Incorporated, for replacement of additional pipe found defective during the demolition process for the cooling tower water line at a cost of $2,807.68 with funding from deferred capital maintenance.
2. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for a ¾ ton pickup truck and snow removal attachments at an estimated cost not to exceed $50,000.00 with funding from the contingency fund.
3. Consider approval of request to utilize contingency funding to finance the following:
(a) Emergency sanitary sewer line replacement at the North Annex in an amount of $2,607.97.
(b) Electrical and HVAC repairs necessary to repair lightning strike damages at the Courthouse at an estimated cost not to exceed $10,000.00.
(c) Funding for code deficiencies noted during recent inspection of the Maner Conference Center by City of Topeka Fire Department at an estimated cost not to exceed $10,000.00.
G. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C160-2017 with Thomson Reuters (Westlaw) for the continuation of an arrangement to provide inmates with access to legal research resources while incarcerated in the County’s correctional facility.
1. Acknowledge receipt of resignation of Allison Alejos as Director of the Health Dept effective May 19th.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions