1. Introduction of CSL as the market research consultant for the renovation of the Kansas Expocentre and a presentation by CSL—Charles Smith, HTK Architects.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request from the Washburn University School of Law to use the Courthouse for final trials for Washburn’s Summer 2017 Intensive Trial Advocacy Program on May 20th from 7:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
2. Consider approval of the 2018 Adult Community Corrections Comprehensive Grant Plan and the 2018 Behavioral Health Grant Plan for the 2nd and 3rd Judicial Districts—Community Corrections.
3. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2017CV000206—U.S. Bank Trust, N.A., as Trustee for LSF9 Master Participation Trust vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas, et al; and Case No. 2017CV000207—Wells Fargo Bank, N.A. vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas, et al.—County Clerk
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Herman Jones
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-18 authorizing the issuance of a Shawnee County Credit Card for official business only with a $5,000.00 limit to Lt. Akim Reynolds.
C. PUBLIC WORKS – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to award bid for the SE Tecumseh Road Bridge over Stinson Creek project to Ebert Construction Co., Inc., and authorization and execution of Contract C142-2017 for same, in an amount of $250,466.50 with funding from the Countywide ½ cent sales tax.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of request by the City of Topeka to grant a temporary easement for the City’s repair work to a storm sewer in Crestview Park.
2. Consider approval of request to fill a vacant Community Events-Amenities Supervisor position at an annual salary, including benefits, of $51,066.00 and to fill any position that becomes vacant as a result of filling this one.
E. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider approval of reclassifying four positions.
F. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Update on revenues and expenses.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions