1. Presentation regarding the inclusion of the MidWest Health Aquatic Center on the cover of the Parks & Rec Business magazine along with an article regarding Shawnee County’s aquatic centers—Mike McLaughlin and David Allacher, Parks + Recreation.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of request to allow Ed Kalas, Health Protection Division Manager to serve as a preceptor/mentor and sign the Field Experience Agreement for Amanda Worthington, a volunteer working to complete her field experience required for her Master’s Degree—Health Dept.
2. Consider acceptance of settlement from Shelter Insurance for a Facilities Maintenance Department, 1998 Ford F-150 for damages incurred from an accident with a vehicle insured by Shelter Insurance in an amount of $3,766.50.
3. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $7,815.86 –District Attorney.
4. Consider acceptance of the Treasurer’s March 2017 Bank Reconciliation Report.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. HEALTH DEPT. – Allison Alejos
1. Public hearing on behalf of Greg Armbruster and the White family for an appeal of the denial of a variance request of the County Environmental Code by the Health Dept. regarding sanitary sewer/ septic systems on a parcel of land between NW Dondee and NW Button Road between 39th and 41st Street.
2. Consider approval of a Kansas Health Foundation Impact grant application for funding in an amount of $18,368.00 and $1,029.00 from the SCHD operating budget, to implement a community garden for Women, Infant and Children clients.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of grant application for a competitive Development Grant from the Kansas Department of Wildlife Parks Community Fisheries Assistance Program (CFAP) to combat the chronic plantonic algae problem in Central Park pond, with a 25% funding match of $586.87.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions