1. Legislative Update – Jim Crowl, County Counselor.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of the Parks + Recreation Advisory/Advocacy Board meeting minutes of February 28, 2017—Parks + Recreation.
2. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of a Topeka Township Treasurer’s Bond—County Clerk.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of a Tri-County Drainage District Treasurer’s Bond —County Clerk
4. Consider approval of request to use the Courthouse on May 1st, 5:00 p.m. to 9:00 p.m., for the Topeka Bar Association’s Law Day
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PLANNING DEPARTMENT—Barry Beagle
1. Consider approval of Resolution No 2017-13 for the issuance of a Conditional Use Permit to Kansas Gas Service to establish a public utility facility on property zoned “RA-1” rural agriculture district and located on the south side of NW 4th Street, west of NW Rossville Road in Rossville Township—Commissioner Archer.
C. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider awarding bid for the SW Urish Road: SW 17th to Huntoon project to Bettis Asphalt and Construction in an amount of $2,059,442.72 with funding from the special highway improvement account, the Federal road and bridge account and the FFY2016 Federal exchange funds and authorization and execution of Contract C126-2017 for same.
2. Consider approval of request to fill a vacant Mechanic position at a salary, including benefits, of $56,721.54 and to fill any other positions that become vacant as a result of filling this one.
3. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-14 rescinding Resolution No. 2016-52 and authorizing the removal of a stop sign at the NE corner of SW 107th & Wanamaker Road—Commissioner Archer.
4. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-15 authorizing the placement and maintenance of temporary stop signs to be installed at SW Broadview Drive @ SW Valley Glen Road for the duration of the on-going Urish Road improvement projects—Commissioner Archer.
D. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C127-2017 with the North Central Regional Planning Commission and the Regional Homeland Security Council for the transfer of grants funded equipment (message board) at no cost to the County.
E. CORRECTIONS—Brian Cole
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C128-2017 with Ecolab for maintenance of kitchen equipment at a cost of $6,221.00 from the operational budget.
F. PARKS + RECREATION—John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for pressure washing service for equipment, playgrounds and pools on an as needed basis.
G. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C129-2017 with AT&T for an additional two years of T1 circuit service from the Courthouse to the Expocentre at a cost of $310.00 and from the North Annex to the Hazardous Waste Facility at a cost of $460.00 per month with funding provided by the departments utilizing the circuits.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C130-2017 with Software House International for annual maintenance of the PRTG network monitoring software at a cost of $510.00 annually with funding from the 2017 IT budget.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C131-2017 with MVP System Software for job scheduling software at a cost of $3,500.00 with funding from the 2017 IT budget.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions