II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C119-2017 with immixTechnology, Inc. for annual maintenance of the operating systems installed on the database and application servers utilized for FullCourt and eFlex case management and electronic filing systems at a cost of $1,865.11with funding from the 2017 budget—District Court.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C120-2017 and C121-2017 with Century Business Technologies for maintenance of two fax machines in a total amount of $840.00—District Court.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the April 10th Planning Commission Agenda and minutes of the March 13th Board of Zoning Appeals and the Planning Commission.
4. Acknowledge receipt of the Compliance Certification Report for February 2017 for AMR from the Ambulance Compliance Officer—Emergency Management.
5. Consider acceptance of the February 2017 bank reconciliation report—Treasurer.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C122-2017 between the Dept. of Corrections, Sheriff’s Office, the Topeka Police Dept. and Valeo for funding of a full time employee in the Crisis Response Program at an annual cost of $60,000.00, with funding of $10,000.00 each from the Dept. of Corrections and the Sheriff’s Office.
2. Consider approval of request to apply for a competitive Title II Formula Grant from the Kansas Dept. of Corrections and the Kansas Advisory Group that is being offered to districts that focus on data driven, outcome based approaches to system reforms that focus on ATD and/or DMC initiatives.
3. Consider approval of request to hire and pay a Mental Health Division Manager at a higher step resulting in an annual salary of $56,624.96, including benefits, for the remainder of 2017.
4. Consider approval of request to hire and pay a Social Worker at a higher step resulting in an annual salary of $47,822.10, including benefits, for the remainder of 2017.
5. Consider approval of request to advertise and fill a vacant Custodian position at a salary of $37,324.60, including benefits.
C. TREASURER – Larry Mah
1. Consider approval of request to award bid and negotiate a three year contract with Mail Services LLC for printing and mailing tax statements.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C123-2017, renewable through 2020, with Silverback Enterprises for management of the Topeka Tinman Triathlon with expenses offset by a $500.00 special event fee and minimum donation of $4,000.00 to the Parks and Recreation Foundation.
E. PUBLIC WORKS—Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of a project budget in an amount of $426,000.00 for road maintenance for the South Topeka Blvd. cold mill and hot mix asphalt concrete overlay project from SW 57th Street to a point north of SW Airport Drive with funding from the Public Works 2017 Operation Budget and the Special Highway Fund.
F. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider approval of request to apply for the Hazardous Materials Emergency Preparedness grants for Federal Fiscal year 2018 (October 1, 2017 to September 30, 2018 to be used to fund training for local responders for hazardous materials incidents.
2. Consider reappointment of John Wiley to the Ambulance Advisory Board for a term expiring June 11, 2020.
3. Acknowledge receipt of the resignation of Brooke Oxandale from the Ambulance Advisory Board effective June 11, 2017.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions