II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-12 authorizing the destruction of 75 boxes of medical records with the destruction date of February 1, 2016 through January 31, 2017—Commissioner Archer.
2. Consider payment of the 2017 membership dues to the Intergovernmental Cooperation Council in an amount of $100.00—Commission.
3. Consider letter to the Shawnee County Legislative Delegation expressing support for a change in the legislation governing how the Election Commissioner of Shawnee County is selected--Commission.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – Les Crooks
1. Consider approval of request for capital expenditures in a total amount of $19,382.02 as follows:
(a) Trade-in of the Land Pride Trekker UTV and purchase of two new utility golf carts at a cost of $12,400.00.
(b) Purchase of support gear (batteries, antennas, battery chargers) for two way radios at a cost of $2,882.02.
(c) Purchase of a wider carriage for one of the new leased forklifts at a cost of $4,100.00.
C. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C109-2017 with Senne Construction, Inc. for renovations to Division 3Courtroom (Suite #410) at a cost of $190,000.00 with funding from the Capital Outlay Fund.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of the schedule of fees for use of Parks + Recreation facilities and participation in department sponsored activities.
2. Consider authorization and execution of the following Contracts
(a) C110-2017 with Rod Garman to instruct a swim team at compensation of $100.00 per participant.
(b) C111-2017 with Scuba Shack to instruct a scuba workshop at compensation of $15.00 per participant.
(c) C112-2017 with Scuba Shack to instruct scuba classes at $400.00 per participant.
(d) C113-2017 with Amy Watson to instruct diving lessons at $40.00 per participants per session.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contracts C114-2017 and C115-2017 with Ice Masters for placement of rented ice machines at the Felker Softball Complex and the Midwest Health Aquatic Center from May 1, 2017 to September 1, 2017 at a cost of $400.00 for each machine.
4. Consider approval of request to fill a vacant horticulturist position at an annual salary, including benefits, of $53,811.60 and approval to fill any position that may become vacant as a result of filling this vacancy.
5. Consider approval of preliminary project budget requests totaling $242,279.00 and approval to solicit Requests for Proposals or Qualifications for the following:
(a) Central Park: Improvements to include park amenities, installation of a picnic table and trash receptacle pads, repair to the approach to the existing shelter house, removal of old equipment, along with forestry issues with funding of $5,050.00 from the Capital Maintenance Fund and $20,050.00 from the Empowerment Funds.
(b) Lake Shawnee Golf Course on Hole #1: Removal and replacement of 2,750 square feet of a concrete path at a cost of $35,475.00 with funding from Capital Maintenance fund.
(c) Hillcrest Park: Installation of already purchased fitness equipment between the recreation center and the pool at a cost of $8,300.00 from the empowerment funds and $5,743.00 from the Capital Maintenance fund.
(d) McKinley Park: Possible purchase of land and removal of outdated equipment, replacement of several amenities and improvement of infrastructure and surfacing underneath equipment at a cost of $72,400.00 with funding from the SORT funds.
(e) Betty Phillips Park: Addition of a sports court, sidewalk and infrastructure improvements; replacement of a few amenities; addition of trees; and the possible addition of a small parcel of land through a donation with funding of $34,000.00 from a SORT grant; $14,720.00 from the Capital Maintenance fund; and $5,385.00 from the 2017 operating budget.
(f) Blaisdell: Removal of a deteriorating alligator slide and replacement with a dual purpose crawl through slide with funding of $13,756.00 from the Capital Maintenance fund.
(g) Ward-Meade Park: Installation of an irrigation system with funding of $15,305.83 from the Parks and Recreation Foundation; $7,194.17 from the Capital Maintenance fund; and $2,500.00 from the 2017 operating budget.
(h) Lake Shawnee Campground: Repair of shower floors in the south RV bathhouse at with funding of $2,400.00 from the Campground Revolving Budget.
E. HEALTH DEPT. – Allison Alejos
1. Acknowledge binding of Professional Liability Insurance with the Kansas Medical Mutual Insurance Company for Shawnee County Health Dept. professional level staff at a cost of $30,000.00—Health Dept.
F. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C116-2017 with Ferrell, LLC to serve as the Construction Project Coordinator for the Expocentre renovation project at a cost of $90.00 per hour.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions