II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider approval of payment of final expenses in an amount of $350.00 each for Alphonso Zenoh, Mark Everett Johnson, Walter Stevenson, and Arnost Lorene—Coroner.
2. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Rossville Township Treasurer’s Bond—County Clerk.
3. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of Commission meeting minutes of February 2, 6, 9, 13, 16, 20, 23, and 27, 2017.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COMMUNITY CORRECTIONS – Rebecca Cartmill
1. Consider approval of request to apply for a Title II Disproportionate Minority Contact/Alternatives to Detention Grant and sign letter of support.
C. HEALTH DEPT. – Allison Alejos
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C105-2017 with GraceMed for emergency vaccine storage in case of a power outage or failure of vaccine refrigerators at the Capitol Family Clinic and the Highland Park Family Clinic at no cost to the County.
D. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of appointment of Kent Pellegrino to the Parks + Recreation Advisory/Advocate Board as recommended by City Councilwoman Elaine Schwartz to replace Cassandra Taylor.
2. Consider approval of a preliminary project budget of $199,600.00 for a parking lot, park amenities, infrastructure, and signage for Skyline Park with funding from Capital Maintenance, Parks and Recreation Foundation, Parkland Acquisition Fund and Operations budget-construction; approval of a preliminary project budget of $368,600.00 for renovations of the Lake Shawnee Jr. Pond with funding from the Capitol Maintenance Fund and the Parks and Recreation Foundation, including a perimeter walk, spillway improvements and shoreline stabilization; and permission to solicit Request for Proposals or Request for Qualifications for both projects.
3. Consider approval of request to grant a permanent right-of-way easement in Edgewood Park to Kansas Gas Service for infrastructure improvements at a cost of $500.00 to Kansas Gas Service.
E. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider approval of request to waive purchasing policies/procedures for replacement of the cooling tower piping; acknowledge receipt of three informal bids from SAMCO, Central Mechanical and Lower Inc.; award the bid to Lower Inc. at a cost of $28,384.00; and authorization and execution of Contract C106-2017 for same.
F. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider approval of request for a membership to the Community Resources Council at a cost of $250.00 per year.
G. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Update on revenue and expenses.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions