1. Final Report on Project Topeka, recognition of Steve Atchison, Appraiser’s Office, and presentation of funds to Project Topeka.
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of the March 22 Expocentre Advisory Board meeting agenda and minutes of the February 22 meeting.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C100-2017 with SMG and Brenda Cummings for her daughter’s wedding reception to be held in Heritage Hall on June 16th with access on June 15th for a total rental fee of $2,112.50—Expocentre.
3. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in the following cases: CASE NO: 2017CV000028 Wells Fargo Bank NA vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas; CASE NO: 2017CV000107 Wells Fargo Bank, NA vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas; CASE NO: 2017CV000112 US Bank National Association - Trustee vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas; CASE NO: 2017CV000113 Wells Fargo Financial Kansas Inc. vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas; CASE NO: 2017CV000136 The Bank of New York Mellon, f/k/a The Bank of New York vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas; CASE NO: 2017CV000138 Deutsche Bank National Trust Company – Trustee vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas; CASE NO: 2017CV000140 US Bank Trust NA – Trustee vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas; and CASE NO: 2017CV000149 Wells Fargo Bank NA vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C101-2017 with the Kansas Expocentre for use of Heritage Hall to conduct the judicial tax foreclosure sale scheduled for April 28, 2017.
C. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C102-2017 with Douglas County establishing Shawnee County as the lead agency for the SE Woodring Road over Un-named Tributary to Elk Creek project with Douglas County reimbursing Shawnee County 100 percent for right-of-way appraisal and acquisition within Douglas County and establishes maintenance and inspection for the completed structure.
D. INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY – Pat Oblander
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C103-2017 with IBM for support services for an IBM Power 8 computer platform that was purchased in December of 2016 from Tyler Technologies and does not require additional funding.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C104-2017 with Computer Information Concepts for annual maintenance for the Tax Administration Solution platform that is used to perform many tasks involved in tax revenue collection, distribution and record keeping at a cost of $60,280.00 from the IT budget.
E. PARKS AND RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval to transfer $225,000.00 from the Parks and Recreation 2017 Operating Budget to the Building Maintenance Budget as an initial step to develop and implement the process to address deferred capital maintenance needs of the department.
2. Consider approval of a preliminary Project Budget in an amount of $287,059.90 and to solicit Request for Proposals or Request for Qualifications for the following projects:
(a) Repair of the Blaisdell Family Aquatic Center Family Slide.
(b) Updates of the GIS aerials of West Lawn Memorial Gardens and Family Park.
(c) Overlay 2100 feet of the loop trail around the arboretum.
(d) Implement a new management system to replace the RAL software with one that is current.
(e) Application of a level top-dressing to improve playability at the Shawnee North Community Park Soccer Field.
(f) Cleanup of Shunga Glen Park and supplemented with volunteer efforts.
(g) Remove and replace a chain-link fence with a black steel picket fence at Ward-Meade Park.
3. Consider approval of a request to solicit Request for Priced Proposals from local construction firms for services necessary for the construction of concrete cart paths at the Cypress Ridge Golf Course.
4. Consider approval of request to negotiate a revised scope of work with Emcon, Inc. for the Lake Shawnee Spillway Improvement Project.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions