II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of travel reports regarding the International Conference on Positive Behavior Support held March 1-3, 2017—Corrections.
2. Consider approval of a request from the Kansas Court Reporters Association for use of the Courthouse on June 10th, 1:00 to 5:00 p.m. for mock trials—District Court.
3. Consider approval of a request from Mitch Biebighauser, Bath & Edmonds, PA, for use of the Courthouse for a KBA YLS High School Mock Trial Competition to be held on March 31, 5:00 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. and on April 1, 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.—District Court.
4. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from KDHE regarding a proposed water pollution control permit for the Douglas Co. TWD #3 Wastewater Treatment Facility in Tecumseh, Kansas.
5. Consider approval of request for an emergency vehicle permit for First Call of Kansas, Inc. (Robert Freeman, Jr., Owner) for funeral escort services—Emergency Management.
6. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $6,625.85—District Attorney.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. CORRECTIONS – Brian Cole
1. Consider out-of-state travel for one employee to attend training with all costs paid by the Annie E. Casey Foundation or by the Kansas Dept. of Corrections, Juvenile Services Division with grant funds they have received from the Foundation.
C. APPRAISER – Steve Bauman
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C98-2017 with The Sidwell Company for annual maintenance of Parcel Builder Plus, which is the software used in maintaining data upon which GIS is built at a cost of $2,084.00 payable from the Appraiser’s budget.
D. PARKS + RECREATION –John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract 99-2017 with Jenni Leiste for design and layout of seasonal catalogs in 2017 at a cost of $50.00 per hour, not to exceed $5,000.00 per seasonal catalog.
E. HEALTH DEPT. – Allison Alejos
1. Consider approval of request to solicit bids for a 4-wheel drive vehicle at a cost no greater than $25,000.00 and funded with fees and tax allocation from the 2017 budget.
2. Consider approval of out-of-state travel for two staff members to attend the 2017 Public Health Emergency Preparedness Summit with expenses not exceeding $4,700.00 and funded through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and the Kansas Dept. of Health and Environment grants.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions
SHAWNEE COUNTY BOARD OF HEALTH
To be held immediately following the regularly scheduled
Shawnee County Board of County Commissioner Meeting at the
Shawnee County Courthouse, 200 SE 7th Street, Room B-11
2) Business Case on Breastfeeding
3) Environmental Health Primer
4) CD Trends – Mumps & Streptococcus pneumoniae
5) Tobacco Control
6) Public Comments