1. Announcement regarding retirement of Jamie Kidd, Horticulture Agent—Cindy Evans, Extension Council.
2. Presentation regarding the Register of Deeds’ revenues since 2014.
II. Unfinished Business
1. Consider approval of request to advertise and hire up to 15 intermittent summer staff positions with a maximum expenditure of $142,140.00—Public Works/Solid Waste.
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of Commission meeting minutes of January 5, 9, 12, 19, 23, 26, and 30, 2017—County Clerk.
2. Acknowledge receipt of Summons in Case No. 2017CV000111—Deutsche Bank National Trust Company – Trustee vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas and Case Nos. 2017CV000099 and 2017CV000100—Wells Fargo Bank, NA vs. Board of County Commissioners, Shawnee County, Kansas—County Clerk.
3. Consider approval of tuition reimbursement to the project manager/software programming manager in an amount of $5,245.00—Information Technology.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. BOND COUNSEL – Bob Perry
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-6 authorizing the defeasance of the Single Family Mortgage Revenue Bonds, 2007 Series A-1 through A-6—Commissioner Archer.
C. REGISTER OF DEEDS – Becky Nioce
1. Consider approval of request for payment from the Land Records Fund in an amount of $122,000.00 for various items for the Appraiser and Public Works/Solid Waste.
D. DISTRICT ATTORNEY – Michael Kagay
1. Acknowledge receipt of a request for approval of the monthly fees associated with the renewal of a contract (C75-2017) for Clear Plus Web Analytics by provider, West Thomson Reuters.
E. TREASURER – Larry Mah
1. Consider approval of request to solicit quotations for the printing and mailing of tax statements with a minimum three year contract to be paid from the County’s general fund.
F. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider acceptance of easements for the SW Urish Road: SW 17th Street to Huntoon project and authorization to pay the property owner the agreed settlement amount of $29,805.00, payable from the Special Highway Improvement Account.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C76-2017 with Finney and Turnipseed Transportation and Civil Engineering, L.L.C. for design and construction engineering services for the SW 29th Street over Tributary to Mission Creek project in an amount of $43,550.00, payable from the Special Bridge Fund.
3. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C77-2017 with Finney and Turnipseed Transportation and Civil Engineering, L.L.C. for design and construction engineering services for the NW Bailey Road over Snake Creek project in an amount of $58,400.00, payable from the Special Bridge Fund.
4. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-7 authorizing the placement and maintenance of temporary stop signs at the intersection of SW 18th Street and SW Ancaster Road at the NE and SW corners for the duration of the Urish Road improvement project—Commissioner Archer.
5. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-8 authorizing the placement and maintenance of temporary 4-way stop signs at the intersection of SW 17th Street and SW Valley View Drive for the duration of the Urish Road improvement project—Commissioner Archer.
G. HEALTH DEPT. – Allison Alejos
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C78-2017 with the University of Kansas on behalf of its Medical Center’s Dept. of Preventive Medicine and Public Health (KUMC) to provide professional services to offer tobacco treatment specialist trainings to 15 behavioral health and substance abuse professionals with the Kansas Dept. of Health Environment’s Chronic Disease Risk Reduction grant providing $22,500.00 with no cost to the County.
H. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C79-2017 with Innovative Concessions Enterprises for Shawnee County to serve as a retail outlet at four locations for Dippin’ Yo-Dots Yogurt and for placement of equipment for this product.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C80-2017, Memorandum of Understanding with the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Foundation, to establish guidelines in order to collaborate on improving and developing facilities and programs consistent with the Parks + Recreation’s mission.
3. Consider approval of request to award the bid for printing of “The Guide” in 2017 to Hall Commercial Printing at a cost of $7,543.00 for 17,000 copies with an option for ordering more at a cost of $356.00 per 1,000 copies and authorization and execution of Contract C81-2017 for same.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C82-2017 with Sports Image Group, LLC d/b/a Legends Sports Photography for the purpose of photography services for youth sports.
I. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C83-2017 with The Blue Cell for training, seminars and exercises for Operation Pegasus at a cost of $59,000.00.
J. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence regarding the renewal of a subscription to CovertTrack GPS in an amount of $1,200.00 from May 8, 2017 through May 7, 2018 paid with funds from the 2017 budget.
K. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-9 updating the County’s petty cash and change drawer fund resolution—Commissioner Archer.
1. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-10 establishing the salary of the Election Commissioner—Commissioner Archer.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions