II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C72-2017 with Steven “Dean” Carson for website management and coordination for the Topeka Baseball and Softball Association with compensation of $1,875.00 annually.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C73-2017 with the Topeka Civic Theatre and Academy to provide theatre classes with compensation to TCTA of $20.00 per participant.
3. Consider approval of a request from the City of Topeka to grant a permanent public improvement easement at Clarion Woods Park for future improvements including the extension of SW Fairlawn Road, south of SW 37th Street, and water mains.
4. Consider approval of request to fill a vacant position of Recreation Leader at a salary, including benefits, of $42,866.28 and to fill any position that becomes vacant as a result of filling this one.
5. Consider approval of the Annual Noxious Weed Eradication Progress Report 2016 and the Annual Noxious Weed Management Plan 2017—Weed Dept.
C. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider approval of request to advertise and hire up to 15 intermittent summer staff positions with a maximum expenditure of $142,140.00.
2. Consider approval of request to fill a vacant Road Maintenance position at a salary, including benefits, of $42,995.89 and to fill any positions that become vacant as a result of filling this position.
D. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of request to sell surplus property on Purple Wave.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions