II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt and consider approval of the Mission Township’s Treasurer’s Bond in an amount of $25,000.00.
2. Consider approval of request from Washburn University School of Law to use courtrooms for the Regional competition for the Texas Young Lawyers National Trial Competition to be held February 17th, 5-9 p.m., February 18th, 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m., and February 19th, 8 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
3. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Community Corrections regarding the appointment of Lee McGowan to the Juvenile and Adult Corrections Advisory Boards, representing the District Attorney’s Office and the appointment of Caroline Dalton-Hastings to the Juvenile Corrections Advisory Board, representing the Kansas Dept. of Children and Families.
4. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $2,968.09—District Attorney.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider approval of a renewal of a tax exemption-incentive for economic development for Home Depot-ARC (IRB) for 2017.
4. Consider approval of a renewal of a tax exemption-incentive for economic development for the following:
(a) HME, Inc., Expansion #2, year nine.
(b) HME, Inc., Expansion #3, year two.
(c) Crosswind Petfoods, Inc., year three.
(d) Big Heart Pet Brands, year nine.
(e) Big Heart Pet Brands, year six.
(f) Big Heart Pet Brands, year three.
B. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – Les Crooks
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contracts C30-2017, C31-2017 and C32-2017 with Smash It Demolition Derby’s, Inc. and the Kansas Expocentre (SMG) for use of the Landon Arena, Exhibition Hall and Domer Livestock Arena for the years 2018, 2019 and 2020.
2. Consider approval of request for capital expenditures in a total amount of $41,632.00 as follows:
(a) Installation of new carpeting in all service level rooms (Crew Room, Star Rooms (4), Locker Rooms (2), Security Office, Operations Office, Skate Room, Accounting and Human Resources Offices) at a cost of $20,773.00.
(b) Second phase of the concrete sidewalk repairs needed around the perimeter of Landon Arena at a cost of $14,749.00.
(c) A required software upgrade for the Johnson Controls building management system at a cost of $2,500.00
(d) Replacement of an old ice machine in concession stand #5 at a cost of $3,610.00.
C. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider approval of request to create and fill seven new Park Maintenance Technicians at an annual salary, including benefits, of $46,380.58 and eliminate eleven vacant Park Maintenance Worker positions.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C33-2017 with Sheron Perkins to instruct dance classes and/or workshops with compensation of $13.00 per student.
D. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C34-2017 with the Federal Emergency Management Agency Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS) Program Management Office to utilize the integrated public alert and warning system and obtain the licensing and software for installation.
E. PUBLIC WORKS/SOLID WASTE – Tom Vlach
1. Consider awarding bid to Bettis Asphalt Construction, Inc. in an amount of $1,612,454.78 for the SW Urish Road: SW 17th to a point 900’ north of SW 21st Street project and authorization and execution of Contract C35-2017 for same with sufficient funds available in the project account.
2. Consider approval of request to reinstate and reclassify an equipment operator position to a bridge maintenance position at a salary, including benefits, of $43,859.89 and to fill any position that may become vacant as a result of filling this one.
3. Consider approval of request to provide funding to Keep America Beautiful from the Solid Waste Operations budget accounts in a total amount of $45,000.00 for 2017.
F. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from Sheriff Jones regarding the purchase of a one year subscription to Lexipol, LLC that provides law enforcement agency specific policies at a total cost of $34,652.00 including a one-time implementation support fee of $16,350.00 and funded through the State Forfeiture account.
1. Consider appointment of a Trustee to the Auburn Township Board.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions