II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Acknowledge receipt of correspondence from District Attorney Michael Kagay regarding delegation of authority to Dan Dunbar, Chief Deputy District Attorney as primary and Charles Kitt, Chief of Staff as alternate for the DA’s office in the absence of the District Attorney due to personal incapacitation or during continuity events, to ensure continuity of operations.
2. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $6,656.10—District Attorney.
3. Consider approval of an emergency vehicle permit for Laramie C. McPherson, First Response for fire and medical for Shawnee Heights Fire—Emergency Management.
4. Acknowledge receipt of Menoken Township Treasurer’s Bond effective January 20, 2017 through January 20, 2018 in an amount of $10,000.00—County Clerk.
5. Acknowledge receipt of Silver Lake Drainage District Treasurer’s Bond effective January 2, 2017 through January 2, 2018 in an amount of 10,000.00—County Clerk.
6. Consider approval of request to pay an invoice in the amount of $90.00 for the subscription of the online recreational vehicle appraisal guide – NADA Guides RV Connect subscription (original approved amount was $30.00)—Appraiser.
7. Acknowledge receipt of Compliance Certification of AMR for the 4th quarter of 2016—Emergency Management.
8. Reflect the 2017 KPERS rate change of contribution for retirees working after retirement at 0.0846 and non-school different employer after retirement at 0.1446—Human Resources.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
3. Consider approval to release the financial surety in the form of an Irrevocable Standby Letter of Credit for Timber Ridge Subdivision Street Benefit District, Phase III.
4. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-5 authorizing a 2017 cereal malt beverage license, including Sunday sales, to Greatlife @ Safari Golf located at 7523 SW 21st Street—Commissioner Archer.
B. PARKS + RECREATION – John Knight
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C16-2017 with Wildcat Landscape, LLC for maintenance of sports fields throughout Shawnee County at a cost of $90,280.92 per year for three years, payable from the 2017 operating budget.
2. Consider authorization and execution of the following Contracts with Sarik, LLC, payable from the 2017 operating budget:
(a) Contract C17-2017 for maintenance of Shawnee North Parklands at a cost of $52,808.55 a year for three years.
(b) Contract C18-2017 for maintenance of the Kansas Expocentre grounds at a cost of $99,882.00 a year for three years.
(c) Contract C19-2017 for maintenance of the South and West Parklands at a cost of $264,234.94 a year for three years.
3. Consider approval to grant a temporary easement to the City of Topeka for improvements to occur at the intersection of SW 6th Street and Rock Garden Drive.
4. Consider approval of request to place the Lake Shawnee Camp Ground operations into the Shawnee County Parks and Recreation Revenue Revolving Fund.
5. Consider approval of request to solicit bids and/or proposals for the purchase of supplies and equipment necessary for the operation of Parks + Recreation programs and facilities in 2017.
C. FACILITIES MAINTENANCE – Bill Kroll
1. Consider approval of request to solicit qualifications for a design/build team for courtroom renovations in Rooms 410/408 (Division 3).
2. Consider approval of request to solicit proposals for concrete repairs and replacement of several badly deteriorated sidewalk panels and steps at the Extension Office at 1740 SW Western Ave.
3. Consider approval of request to solicit proposals for groundskeeping/mowing for the Courthouse, Elections Office and both Health Agency locations.
4. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C20-2017 with Falk Architects, Inc. to provide space planning support services at the Courthouse, North Annex, Elections Office and former fire station located at 1715 SW Topeka Blvd.
D. SHERIFF’S OFFICE – Sheriff Jones
1. Acknowledge receipt of Contract C21-2017 with Carmichael Business Systems for annual maintenance of the IRecord systems at a cost of $5,665.00.
E. COUNTY COUNSELOR – Jim Crowl
1. Consider approval of request to fill the vacant Assistant County Counselor position at a salary, including benefits, of $90,184.80.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions