1. Elect Chair of the Shawnee County Commission.
2. Elect Vice-Chair of the Shawnee County Commission.
3. Consider appointments of Commissioners to the following:
(a) Kansas Expocentre Advisory Board
(b) Ambulance Advisory Board
(c) Health Access Board
(d) Metropolitan Topeka Planning Organization (MTPO)
(e) Go Topeka Board
(f) Chamber Board
(g) Stormont-Vail Advisory Board
(h) Shawnee County Security Council
(i) State of Kansas Labor Workforce Development Committee
4. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-1 setting the days and hours the Courthouse will be open, setting dates and times of the Commission meetings and setting agenda procedures—Commissioner Buhler.
5. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-2 designating the official County newspaper—Commissioner Buhler
II. Unfinished Business
III. Consent Agenda
1. Consider payment of invoice from the U.S. Postal Service for $225.00 for renewal of the Jury Business Rate Mail permit—Court Administration.
2. Consider approval of request to pay invoices from the Diversion Fund account in a total amount of $1,401.57—District Attorney.
IV. New Business
A. COUNTY CLERK – Cynthia Beck
1. Consider all voucher payments.
2. Consider correction orders.
B. EMERGENCY MANAGEMENT – Dusty Nichols
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contracts C8-2017 with the Kansas Dept. of Transportation and the City of Topeka for use of KDOT’s right-of-way for access and staging for Operation Pegasus which will test local Emergency Plans, including the 2016 Shawnee County Hazardous Materials Plan.
2. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C9-2017 with Federal Signal in the amount of $10,750.00 for the upgrade for the outdoor warning system and Contract C10-2017 with Blue Valley Public Safety in the amount of $10,130.00 for the IPAWS (Integrated Public Alert and Warning System) upgrade of the outdoor warning system.
C. KANSAS EXPOCENTRE – Les Crooks
1. Consider authorization and execution of Contract C11-2017 with the Kansas Expocentre (SMG) for use of Agriculture Hall and Heritage Hall for court dockets.
2. Consider approval of request to sell existing forklift for $13,000.00 and authorization and execution of Contract C12-2017 with State Bank through Berry Material Handling for lease of two new forklifts for five years at the cost of $5,508.00 annually.
D. ADMINISTRATIVE SERVICES – Betty Greiner
1. Consider approval of the requests for 2017 memberships, dues and subscriptions in a total amount for all departments of $109,373.00.
2. Consider approval of Resolution No. 2017-3 appointing Jeff McMillian as the Human Resources Director effective February 1, 2017 and compensated at a rate of $3,384.62 per pay period—Commissioner Archer.
V. Administrative Communications
VI. Executive Sessions